Saturday, January 15, 2011

Distressed Luggage

I was one of many winners last week for do you stack up? first challenge and I had to do this week's challenge Distress It. Thanks to Allison and all her wonderful DT's. For this week I choose  one of Pop n' Stick's freebies, the luggage. I used the following materials:

Copics: E49/E25/E53/E41/W3/E18/E17/E59/E33 and the colorless blender (a lot lol)
Papers are from My Mind's Eye - Bella Bella
Cryogen White cardstock
Ribbon from Paper Temptress
Hardware from We Are Memory Keepers
Flower from my stash
Tim Holtz ink - Old Paper
Sandpaper around the edges of all the papers.

Now is is really my first attempt at distressing and hope it came out nice :) but I cannot take all the credit, I must thank Suzanne Dean for her wonderful tutorial.

9 comments:

  1. I would never have known this was your first attempt at distressing...your card is wonderful. Your coloring is great! Thank you for playing along with us this week at DYSU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... I think this turned awesome! I think you should make more of these! Did you have fun? I love the little buckels and eyelets that you added! Hapy Creating! Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your distressed card, Mel... The luggage looks great, and you picked the perfect colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous card Mel and your colouring technique is great
    thanks for joining the DYSU challenge

    hugs
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the vintage look of it! Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey mel grats on ur win last week! and your distressing looks wwonderful! thanks so much for sharing with us at DYSU! janna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to you - love your luggage - Suzanne is such a great tutor, but it's you the does the work

    kitten DYSU team

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to be here.